The Audiogram Questions? Call us toll-free at (855) 226-4327.
What is an Audiogram?
An audiogram graphically represents how an individual has responded to a series of calibrated sounds which are produced by an audiometer; usually presented via headphones. The person being tested is asked to push a response button or raise their hand every time they think a sound is being presented. Each ear is tested separately. The first aim of the test procedure is to determine the hearing thresholds for the different tones or frequencies. A threshold refers to the softest decibel level (volume) of a frequency required for a reliable response from the individual; i.e. the softest sound they are able to hear. The frequencies tested are within the range of 250Hz (low) through to 8000Hz (high). One of the main reasons for this is that this 250-8000Hz range covers the frequencies of human speech production. Some audiometers are however capable of producing much higher tones, but are not commonly used in standard audiometry.
Where can I get one?
Regular audiometric testing should be performed by a licensed hearing aid dispenser or Audiologist.
Have an iPhone?
There is a great iPhone app called EarTrumpet that has a great hearing test and even produces an audiogram that you can send to yourself (or us at email@example.com). A medical student, Allen Faulad, developed the app for iPhone and iPad that uses earphones provided on your device. It was developed in collaboration with the Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Department at the University of California, Irvine.
Take our online test
Send Us Your Audiogram
- If you would like to send us your audiogram, we would be delighted to review it with you, talk through what it may mean and of course, advise as to whether our range of hearing aids may be suitable.
- The easiest way to get us your audiogram is to
- 1) Fax it to: (855) 226-4327.
- 2) You can email us a copy of it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3) You can mail it to: Hear Clear, 8905 S. Pecos Road Suite 23C, Henderson, NV 89074.
Call us toll-free at (855) 226-4327.